Thursday, March 21, 2013

Throwback to before 28 (Day 11)

I came across this picture just the other day when I was looking through the picture album my mom gave me when I was back home. Many were pictures from my college/sorority days (I am sure some of them will make Throwback Thursdays), but this gem was hidden in the mix. It was a tad bittersweet. Just recently losing my Nana, it was hard to see this picture. I miss her.. I miss Granddad... I miss the fun times we had in Georgia and Marco Island.... I miss the radiance their loving relationship had on the people around them. I've always told myself that I want a love like Nana and Granddad had for one another. It was like everyday was their first date. I miss the songs Granddad would sing to me... I miss the milkshakes Nana would make us, especially if they were banana, because it meant extra for me and Jeremy since Jason didn't like them. I miss the rides on the boat to find our own little island to eat lunch and fish. The list of things I miss when I think of these two wonderful people could go on forever, but while I miss these things I am thankful for so much more. I am thankful Granddad made us try something yucky before we had our "normal" food. I am thankful Nana taught my brothers and I the importance of loving and looking after one another. I am thankful for the adventures they took us on that I can share with my kids. I am thankful for the family!

So what have I learned at 28 and 11 days... I have truly been blessed by some amazing people. God selected my Nana and Granddad especially for me and my brothers. He knew what we needed. He knew that these people would leave a positive lasting effect on our lives. He designed them to love us unconditionally. He provided me with the heart to be thankful for their love.

No comments:

Post a Comment