Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Day 1 of being 28

I would be lying if I said I didn't wake up this morning hoping some strikingly good looking man was delivering me breakfast in bed. Instead, I woke up to the buzz of my cell phone with Facebook notifications from people wishing me 'Happy Birthday!' Not the cute guy, but still a good start to the morning! I grabbed a pillow and my sheet and made my way to the couch. First order of business, finish watching the television show I fell asleep to last night (I've realized this occurs more often as I've been getting older).

I'm hoping with these 365 days of writing that I become more consistent with my quiet time with God. Whether it is directly in my Bible or through my small group study readings, I want to reflect more in the Word. This relates directly with part of the name of my blog (FAITH.fitness.future)...which indirectly links to my fitness. I've mentioned that I've slacked on my fitness and health, but can't understand why. Until recently. As I have been reading for the two small groups I've realized a few things... 1. I've labeled myself as a person who will always struggle with my weight. As a result of that label, I have allowed it to define me rather than inspire me to change that label. Well, you may wonder how I was able to lose the weight before and be so diligent with my eating and fitness... Honestly, I was living on false pretenses of why I should get healthly. I wasn't getting healthy for me, I was getting healthy for the people around me. Healthy in order to get a new label. To be defined by the labels prescribed by the materialistic world. I've been tossing and turning in the struggles of getting back on the bandwagon and frustrated that I haven't been able to do it until my second point. 2. Doubt and unbelief. See I know I can do the necessary steps to get my fitness and health back on track. I know God believes in me. And there are moments I believe in me; however, it's in those moments I slip away from my faith that the devil fills my head with doubt and unbelief in myself, in my willingness to change. Why does he do this? Honestly, he understands the damage a sound mind and body can do to his work against the Kingdom of God. With that said, this platform is my place to disclose my struggles in my faith.fitness.future. It is the place to disclose my triumphs in my faith.fitness.future. It is my place to take away the labels I've been defining myself as for the last 28 years.

So what does a 28 year old do on their birthday?
Laundry, of course!

Everyone uses tea candles for a birthday cake.


28 is tutu fun!




28... Don't take it so serious!



Send mature texts like this...



Make duct tape crafts


Perfecting my question asking (picture was not taken in my pure excitement of running on stage to be a volunteer.)

Adult beverages with a friend...

And pick-pocketing (just kidding)



As I get ready to go to bed, I thank God for giving me great friends, great church, and a great day. 28 is going to be a great year!

The things that have floated through my mind today as I think about year 28:
1. Is this the year I stop getting ID'd when I order a drink?
2. Is it 28...30... Or 40 when my bones start to really ache?
3. Today means I'm wiser, right?
4. Does this mean I can't round down to 25 anymore?
5. Are guys at a bar really that crappy?
6. I will not let 28 define, but refine me.

No comments:

Post a Comment