Friday, March 29, 2013

Faith and Eggs (Day 19)

So today was a fun day. Not only was it Good Friday and a day off, but it was the Egg Drop Challenge. Jordan and Sandra geared up their kids to having a egg drop challenge on the day we were out of school. It was time for us to get together (and for the kids) to have a fun time together. I truly had this grand plan to go to Wal-Mart and get the best things to make my egg drop THE BEST...so I could beat the KIDS. Yep, I am that kinda of person. Life had other ideas, as I was CRAZY busy with work and school. Needless to say, I got nervous when I saw Thursday night that Sandra and her kiddos had already constructed their egg drop contraption... I also called her a cheater. Okay...so let me get back on track. Friday morning comes and I head on over to Jordan's, where I am greeted with the kids at the door blowing up balloons to make their egg drop device. I quickly panic and decide to grab a couple of things to make it happen. What do I grab... a diaper, yarn, a plastic cup, a trash bag, and tape. Worked my mad skills and ended up with this....



So we were all ready to go! I had my egg, also known as Eggdar, ready to go. Not going to lie, I didn't think I had a chance.....


As you can see Eggdar survived!

So we decided to go to bigger and better places... I mean we needed eggs to die here! We packed up the car and headed to the park. My mission was to win; however, once we got to the park, the kids mission was to play... I just wasn't having that! We climb to the top of the playground set, which gave us a higher altitude than the top of the stairs. We all drop and....... .NOTHING they all survived! What can we do to make these eggs die!?!?!? Take off all the parachutes! Okay, this has GOT to work. I mean they have nothing to break their fall. One of the eggs will surely die! I will go ahead and tell you, they didn't. They all survived. I was disappointed. But we had fun. so we let the kids play and the adult girls talk. I must say, I am thankful for my growth in faith. My new and blossoming life has allowed me to come into contact with some AMAZING people! Two of them being Jordan and Sandra. We had a great time talking about kids... guys... and life. It was nice to have some voices of reason! (Thank you ladies) As the temperature started to drop, it was time to get the kids all back and go warm up.....so we went to get ICE CREAM! Yep, who doesn't do that!






What did I learn about being 28 today? I am still a kid at heart, and I hope I never lose that since of wonder, excitement, and imagination! Oh, I also have some pretty cool friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment