Tuesday, March 19, 2013

African Cats (Day 9)

Tanzania Tuesday...

If you are one of my close friends you probably laughed when you read the title of this post. If you didn't laugh, let me catch you up. Back in the fall, information was surfacing about mission trips for the upcoming year. I knew I was being called to go on another mission trip, and honestly felt my heart was calling me to go to Colombia, South America again. It was an amazing experience last year, and I absolutely fell in love with the people and the work going on there; however, God had another plan for me. After a bonfire with the singles community from my church, I realized that at my age (which was still 27) I shouldn't get stuck to one country. This is the time to experience different countries and cultures....and so Tanzania, Africa was the result. Exciting, I know!



So I know you are wondering where the funny comes in...so here we go. Since my decision to go to Africa was finalized, I have had a weird obsession with watching various TV shows about African animals, specifically the African cats.


I have scared myself more by watching these shows. I worry more about the African cats than about some jungle mafia taking me hostage. I tell myself I need to stop watching the shows, but catch myself watching them over and over again. Honestly, I watched African Cats the entire time I was putting my support letters together... ironic, maybe?

They truly are beautiful animals, but in the back of my head I have this tragic scene in my head.....

African Cats are a source of fear for me in terms of the mission trip, but honestly the cost of the trip has raised my blood pressure a little bit too. I know, I know, I am suppose to put my trust in God that the money will come and the trip will happen, but it would be silly for to say that I don't worry about the cost. The trip is almost double the cost of last year's trip, and I am not getting the feedback from support letters like I did last year. Today, I am suppose to have $1900 raised to pay for my ticket. I am roughly $600 from that goal. It's a lot, but I keep putting my trust in God that everything will come through. I know that leaning into Him and praying for his guidance in support then the money will get there...somehow...and in some way.

With that said,
The best way to contribute financially to my trip is by visiting the following website:
Select the Tanzania Trip leaving on May 23rd
Select my name
And donate away.

What 28 means today... I am still a little kid at heart! I mean really, who worries about the African Cats!?!? Side note: When my nephew and I were watching Madagascar 3, the opening scene is where the animals are still in Tanzania, Africa. I told Hudson that I was going to Africa, and his response, "To see talking animals?"...."Yep to see talking animals"....or animals that eat me!

I also think this is appropriate:

No comments:

Post a Comment