Monday, March 18, 2013

Day 8 of 28 SUCKS!

Not going to lie (not that I do, but felt it was relevant to say that there)....the last couple of days have SUCKED! It seems like I am playing a constant game of catch up. I am playing a constant game of building myself up. I am playing a constant game of pity party. I am playing a constant game of things just suck right now and nothing is going to change.

Yep, I just had myself a little rant... a rant to say how bad things SUCK right now...but you know what!?!? I know exactly why the stars are not lining up correctly. Why my life isn't going smoothly... Why things just SUCK right now... I have lost my spiritual foundation the last couple of days. I have let the worldly concerns and commotions influence me lately... I have strayed away from being active in my daily devotional and my small group readings. Now, don't get me wrong those things don't put me on some crazy Christian high, but they do seem to calm my nerves on the days that try to suck. I have a sounding board to boast me when things aren't going right. And honestly, God has a hard time guiding me down the right path if I am too busy trying to drive my own car without a navigation system.

So what am I going to do about this SUCKY feeling...the only thing I know to do... pray and get in His Word.


On a side note, I know I have SUCKed (yep, had the chance to use the word again) the last couple of days with posting each day. Honestly, it is hard sometimes to be consistent when I don't have something profound to write about, because some days I really do not think you guys want to know what my day was like...it would get boring fast and you would no longer wonder why I am still single. :) With that said, I think I am going to institute a catchy phrase for each day and will stick to writing along those lines; however, the posts will conclude with some "What 28 was like today..." response. So here's my ideas (some have been stolen):

Snapshot Sunday: A picture is worth a thousand words, they say. So I am going to use my Sundays to give a snapshot into my world...this may mean less words and more pictures.

Monday: Ummmmm....not going to lie, I have nothing creative or catchy for Mondays, so this will be a work in progress...if you have any suggestions, feel free to share

Tanzania Tuesday: (Warning: This will change after I get back from Africa) I need to prepare myself for the trip to Africa...what better way then to get to know the culture, the people, and the work I will be doing there. This will also be a chance for me to fill you in on how things are progressing for the trip.

Wondering Wednesday: I think...a lot! But I also have constant wondering of things, so I am going to devote Wednesdays to my wonders that I have throughout the day and/or week.

Throwback Thursday: Yeah, my blog is about moving into the future, but so much of what we are today is what happened to us yesterday (and further back). I will spend this time to recount stories and pictures of the past that make me the 28 year old I am today.

Faithful Friday: I am going to use this to express how my faith has moved me this week... give any insights on my readings, devotionals, or other items that I feel I should put out there for others to see how things are moving for me.

Sweating Saturday: This blog has three parts... Faith..Fitness...Future, and as many of you know the fitness has been lacking. I am going to devote my Saturdays to reflecting on how I tested my fitness that week. I will challenge myself to be brutally honest to confess my workouts and my eating habits for the week. Maybe this will kick me into high gear again!

Now, these ideas will not necessarily rope me down to only covering the topics at hand...also, it doesn't mean I can't have an additional post that allows me to rant on something else. I just think this will give me more direction on the days I am having trouble getting something out.


So what has 28 been like for me 8 days in? I think you can tell from the title of this blog.... IT SUCKS!!

2 comments:

  1. Your day may have sucked, but:
    You're beautiful
    You is kind, you is smart, you is important.
    You're sticking with it! It's okay to miss a few days. It's ok to have a sucky day.....you're still amazing!
    LOVE YOU, FRIEND!!
    Tomorrow will be less sucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what about "manic monday"...everyone has one of those! :) love you, auntie jess and i enjoy reading your blog. xoxo,
    ~K

    ReplyDelete