Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tanzania Tuesdays (Day 16)

African Cats....





Duct Tape Style. I probably wouldn't mind them so much if they came in this form.

I did however get confirmation on a few things this week in regards to my trip to Tanzania:

- We will not be sleeping in tents. This has been the question I have asked at every single meeting and never seemed to get a response; however, I spoke with the e3 lady this week and she confirmed we will actually get to sleep in a hotel.

- The flight is roughly 17 hours...the trip from the airport to where we are going is 2 days. We were told to wear comfy clothes. Simple... NOT! We recently had a meeting with 12Stone and a air marshall who spoke to us on travel safety. He spoke on things from safety on airplanes (and during a crash) to what you should do if you get kidnapped. So how does this have anything to do with what I wear?!?! Well, tune in next week to hear ALL about what to do on an airplane to be safe!

- There's a good chance we will be working with a new church to build its children's ministry. SUPER excited about that!

- And probably the most important thing I learned with talking to Kathie from e3. I probably will NOT get attacked by African cats; however, she did tell me that the tribe we will be working with suffered great losses in prior years from their crops being trampled on by.... AFRICAN ELEPHANTS! I guess you can say I have a new African animal to fear!

So let me get real here.... I still have a LOT of money to raise. I still have a LOT of prayers that need to take place. I have only raised about 25% of the funds, which isn't good since I was suppose to have half of it by March 19th. So I guess this is my plea and cry for support. Really any amount can and does help...and is greatly appreciated! You can go directly to the online giving page, which is included below and select the Tanzania trip leaving May 23rd and my name...


As for prayers in regards to this trip:
- Pray for God to shine light on exactly what He wants us to do while we are there and He provides us with what we need to do to prepare for His mission
- Pray for the people we are going to be working with in Tanzania.
- Pray for our team as we continue to prepare both financially, spiritually, mentally, and physically for this trip.
- Pray for the e3 leaders who we will be working with (many are just getting back from Africa this past week)
- Pray that God softens and opens my heart and eyes to what He needs me to do individually to prepare for this trip.
- Praise God for allowing me the opportunity to be a voice to His Kingdom.
- Praise to those who will get to hear the Word of God.
- Praise to those who are willing to support both through prayers and funds the trip to Tanzania.

What I have learned about being 28? While I often think things are about me....they are NOT! There's a bigger world than the great city of Grayson, Georgia. God offers more to me than I can imagine; therefore, I must humble myself to truly appreciate the gifts He gives me.

No comments:

Post a Comment