Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thoughtful Thirteen Thursdays...how do you like that alliteration?!?

So I am stealing this idea from my SIL, since it’s an easy way to get my thoughts and happenings out all at once…and I don’t have to make a huge blog about it.
1.       I am a part of a pretty AMAZING small group with church! It is crazy how in just a few weeks we have bonded so quickly, and become such great friends. Our times with devotional are just as fun and exciting as our outings. I look forward to the relationships we will continue to build with each other and God.
2.       Thinking back to when I was a child in school, I thought teachers went off into this mythical world in the teacher’s lounge where they talked scholarly and about ways to change the world…now as a teacher, I realize it is opposite. Instead it is the perfect time to debrief about the day, but the thing I love the most is the random conversations we have in our down time.
3.       New license (with my name spelled correctly)….check! Passport appointment without waiting a month…check. Everything falling into place for my mission trip….check!
4.       I can’t be more thankful for the donations I have had in just the two and half days I started with making people aware of my mission trip and asking for spiritual and financial support. While I fret at times I will get the money to go on the mission trip, I know God will provide.
5.       My birthday is coming up and I am freaking out a little bit about turning 27…yes, I know that’s not old, but still it makes me want to freak out. To think that 10 years ago I thought I’d be married with kids by now…instead, I have my diploma kids. I guess everyone has to have some kind of financial burden in their life…mine just happens to be a piece of paper.
6.       My brother’s response to my mission trip….Sure thing. I'll support whatever you feel strongly about. I'm glad this makes you happy. Are ya'll going to be staying at a Sandal's resort while you're there? j/k :) I guess the cat’s out of the bag with what I am really doing…haha!
7.       Not tooting my own horn, but I love my job and I think I am pretty awesome at it! Today, I ended my last class with singing and dancing…not only did I love it, but the kids did too!
8.       My fortune cookie message: You have an ambitious nature and will make a name for yourself.
9.       I could take the weather we had today ANY and EVERYDAY…please!
10.   While consuming myself with my mission trip most evenings this week, I have forgotten the importance of sleep, so tonight I am going to remind myself about it!
11.   Because it is my thirteen thoughts, one that keeps ringing out in my head and makes me laugh has to be the image I have when imagining a man trying to approach two baby fawns…won’t make sense to you, but my small group friends TOTALLY get it!
12.   I am pretty sure I like to Skype far more than I like to talk on the phone….so who wants to skype with me?
13.   I miss my family like CRAZY!!!! I can’t wait to go home next weekend to see them!

1 comment:

  1. I will never look at camo the same way again!

    also, I can never find people to skype with, so let's skype together!

    ReplyDelete