Friday, March 9, 2012

Why Colombia...What's Your Purpose?

When I tell people I am going on a mission trip to Colombia I get some interesting comments and facial expressions...mainly of concern for my safety and why of all places Colombia. While I have had the textbook answer for why this mission trip, tonight at our mission trip fellowship it really hit me...here's my thinking and answer to Why Colombia? and What's my Purpose?

1. I had felt the calling to go on a mission trip back in the fall of 2011, but let the outside world get the best of me...or maybe I should say God knew I wasn't quite ready to make the commitment.
2. When the facebook post came up about the mission trip needing more people, it was my sign that God was ready for me to go... I think this was followed by all other things falling into place.

This was some of the why's...but not so much the purpose. If you have been on my mission trip page, you know the mission of e3 and 12stone in Colombia. It has been hard to express and get people to fully understand it and what my purpose is in Colombia; however, I must be honest... I sometimes wasn't too sure of my purpose. I know God was calling on my heart to do this, but I think/know there was something more.

So here's the answer... why Colombia...what's my purpose?
Because.... He is glorious!

Yes, a three word answer, but full of so much depth.

John 3:8- The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment