Tuesday, February 28, 2012

First of Many... I hope!

Well, here we go at my try of keeping up with a blog on top of all the other things I need to do, but I can get it done. I have taken notes from my sister-in-law about what things to include, so I will steal some of her ideas to get me started. Today, will be just a little debriefing on what's going on in my life, since many of you are probably visiting this site due to my outreach for upcoming mission trip. With that, here we go....


The last couple of years have been quite a rollercoaster for me. With the dreadful breakup with my ex, I was wondering aimlessly for something or someone to keep my mind occupied. While there were the momentary fulfillments, there wasn't something that was leaving a lasting effect on my desire for me. After reconnecting with a friend, she got me to join her at church and I haven't been happier since... Note: I don't walk around on clouds and rainbows. I have my rough times, but I no longer feel empty inside. I continued to fill my cup up in August when I decided to give my life to Christ in an open-baptism at church...what an experience!!!

Now I am on to the next thing God is calling me to do, and that's to be a part of a mission trip heading to Colombia in June. Things have been quite crazy in the last week with me making this decision, but I know it is the right one! All the things I need to do to make it reality are falling into place. While I am taking the necessary steps to complete actions on my end, I am reaching out to my family and friends to help support me in my travels to Colombia. First, I ask that you include my mission trip time in your prayers as we prepare for the trip, while we are in Colombia, and then to continue for the work after we get back. Secondly, I am asking for your financial support in my journey in June. The next blog has additional information on how you can help me get to Colombia!

"You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit--fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name." -John 15:16

1 comment:

  1. so proud of you and very thankful that now i can keep up with you even better thanks to this blog! love you,
    xoxo
    ~K

    ReplyDelete